Tenant Fee Statement for tenancies commencing after 1st June 2019
If you wish to rent a property with ourselves you should be aware of the following requirements:
1) In order to secure a property you will be required to pay a holding deposit equal to one weeks rent. This will hold the property for you for a period of 15 days during which time both the reference procedure and tenancy commencement must be completed. You will forfeit this holding deposit if the following occurs:
* You fail to complete the information required to complete the referencing procedure and commence the tenancy within that 15 day period.
* You withdraw from the application/ move in process during that 15 day period.
* If you fail a Right to Rent check.
* If you provide false or misleading information which leads to you failing the referencing procedure. Examples of this would include but not be limited to misrepresenting your income or your credit history.
2) On acceptance of your application for one of our properties we will require the payment of a security deposit equal to five weeks rent. At this point you can choose to have your holding deposit returned or pay a balancing payment being the equivalent of a further four weeks rent.
3) Rent arrears attract interest at a rate of 3% over the bank of England base rate commencing from the date that these fall due until the date they are paid. However, charges will not commence until the rent is more than 14 days overdue. At this point interest will be charged without exception.
4) Any amendments requested to the tenancy agreement after commencement of the tenancy are charged at £50 including VAT without exception.
5) Early termination of a tenancy can only be accepted with the Landlords express consent and in this instance the tenant will be liable for the balance of rent due under the tenancy unless otherwise agreed.
6) Tenants will be charged in every instance for the cost of remedying negligence with regard to the property. Examples of this would include but not be limited to unblocking a toilet that had been blocked by flushing nappies down it or changing locks after the loss of keys.
If you require clarification on any of above points please do not hesitate to ask a member of our staff.